Saturday, May 9, 2009

Yarn swift and ball winder, music

So my friend elociNNicole (Nicole) made me a yarn swift and gave me ball winder for my birthday. I am really really amazed by all this. I don't know how I have lived my whole life without this. It was so quick and easy to use. You should have seen my previous methods for winding yarn into center pull balls with my hands. This is soooooooooo much better. Some pictures to demonstrate:

The swift, the yarn, and the ball winder:
swift and winder 1

Process of winding yarn around the swift:
swift and winder 2

Yarn now completely around swift:
swift and winder 3

I forgot to take a before shot of the yarn initially attached to the ball winder. The yarn is thread through the metal loops and the center pull part attached to the top of the winder. Almost done here:
swift and winder 4

A gorgeous center pull ball of yarn at the ready for someone's travel scarf (*cough* mochaxlight *cough*):
swift and winder 5

On Thursday my mom and I got to see a couple of great bands at the Cedarburg Cultural Center. We saw the bands Longacre (also at myspace.com/longacremusic) and Testa Rosa. The sounds are different from each other. Longacre is like mystical folk music to me (though they are more broad than that, hard to describe) and Testa Rosa is definitely like 1960s pop for modern day, but again, more than that. Definitely check out their music. I really love both bands.

Willy Porter tells us how to rob a bank. Look on the right side of the page and choose the song "How to Rob a Bank".

That does it for today. Just pretty much plan on crafting today and hope some of my packages will come in already. :-P Waited long enough already.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Love the action shots! Happy crafting day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! That yarn is gorgeous.

    I love making little cakes with my ball winder. I don't have a swift, so I spread it all out on the floor. The kitties love cake making time. :]

    ReplyDelete