Monday, May 18, 2009

Walk and 100 things about me

Ok, computer needs a "rest", hope to still post pictures on the walk in an hour or so. For now, I am joining a swap called "100 things about me". Here is most of the list. Will write more about it later, maybe.

1. I love music
2. I knit
3. I do basic beading
4. I crochet a little
5. I have no poly clay talent, gave up on it
8. I love to garden
9. Been getting into birds lately
10. Love hiking
11. Love camping
12. Love biking
13. Trying to lose weight
14. Fave colors are turquois blue, aqua blue, Robin's egg blue, orange, light/lime green, yellow, red
15. Don't like pastels though
16. I love deer heads (fake ones)
17. Obsessed with Ferris Wheels
18. Love taking photos (not so good at it)
19. Hate editing and uploading photos
20. Love nature
21. Love fish (eating them Roll Eyes), pretty to look at too
22. On computer way too much
23. Love art
24. Hate work
25. Hate snow
26. Want to learn to surf
27. Would love to live in southern California or Hawaii (would be happy here if we had warm sunny weather year round)
28. Want to be more eco friendly
29. Want to visit the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State
30. I am agnostic
31. I am a progressive liberal
32. I love frogs
33. I love beluga whales
34. I love trains
35. I hat flying, but I love airports and watching airplanes.
36. I hate squirrels (wouldn't be so bad if they left my bird feeders alone)
37. I love mid-century modern
38. I love cooking
39. I am single
40. I used to be a college radio DJ
41. I once was 7 years old Wink Wink
42. I am shy in person
43. I want more real life friends
44. I love the book Blankets by Craig Thompson
45. I wish I was more artistic and be able to paint, draw, and do sculptures.
46. I love Etsy
47. I love magazines (ReadyMade, Dwell, Clear and other alternative fashion magazines, City, Surface)
48. Favorite yarn fiber is cotton.
49. I love Chicago
50. Nina's is my fave yarn shop in Chicago
51. I love the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago
52. I love sushi
53. I love middle eastern food
54. I spin yarn
55. Loopy is my 2nd fave yarn shop in Chicago
56. I have had a ring fetish lately
57. I love jewelry
58. I love poetry
59. I love handspun yarn
60. I love Calvin & Hobbes
61. I love vintage, especially 1970s
62. I have a bag addiction
63. I love other people's photography
64. I love men's watches
65. I love cloche hats
66. I love making dishcloths
67. Jamie Oliver rocks
68. So does Alton Brown
69. I am diabetic
70. I love ceramics (I don't make them though)
71. I love rain
72. I love fog
73. I love vintage carnivals
74. I love beaches (not the movie)
75. I love Lake Michigan
76. I love handmade soap
77. I love seafood
78. I love swimming
79. I love circles
80. I love glass arts (I don't do them)
81. I love lifting weights
82. I love bowls
83. I love goodwill
84. I love vintage shoes
85. I love clouds
86. I love rocks
87. I love trees
88. I love jackets
89. I love origami
90. I love the movies
* Lost in Translation
* Metropolis (the 1927 movie)
* Chunking Express
91. I love sculptures
92. I love terreriums
93. I wish I could sew
94. I love caplets
95. I love armwarmers
96. I love record players (and vinyl albums)
97. I am funky eclectic eccentric
98. I love sunrises
99. I love cuff links (weird, I know)
100. I love handmade books

* I love the show Democracy Now
* I love old blues/country music (like 1920s to 1940s)
*I wish there was a Honda Element Hybrid
* I LOVE driving country roads
* I miss my grandpa (who instilled my love of country roads)
* I love road trips, preferably on back country roads.
* I want to visit New England and eat seafood
* I want to go to Coney Island
* I want to go on the Wonder Wheel in Coney Island.
* I also want to go to the Santa Monica Pier
* I love Ferris Wheels (worth mentioning a second time ;-))
* I love ethnic and/or unique restaurants
* I also love some local hole in the wall type restaurants.
* I would love to have sit down dinner parties if only I had friends that would enjoy them.
* I would love to create a recipe and then win a recipe contest
* I hate Disney except for Fantasia and Peter Pan. I like Stitch himself, but not the movies.
* My mom and I try to take walks weekly in the summer and go camping a couple of times.
* I am not into skulls or pirates
* When I lose weight I want to be a high heel junkie
* I need sunglasses
* I would love to go to scandanavia and learn all the languages plus hang out with the Sami peolple.
* I love a lot of scandanavian music.
* I love pure authentic ethnic music.
* I hate it when people spell "a lot" like one word instead of two, the way it should be.
* I hate it when people confuse "lose" vs "loose".
*I HATE the color pink
* I don't drink or smoke and I have never done an illegal drug.
* Despite the previous, not all the music I listen to is clean.
* I love photo booth pictures, but I have never been in one.
* I love cats but I am allergic to them
* I am not a dog person
* I wish I could be vegetarian, but I like meat too much.
* I love robots
* I want to learn more origami and how to do paper sculptures
* I don't enjoy scrapbooking
* I would love to learn how to work with metal for both jewelry making and making sculptures
* I love silver, but not so much into gold
* I love hoodies, but it is hard to find cool ones that fit my large size. I love some of the really unique designs out there.
* I have no idea how many things this is about me now. I didn't realize there was so much and I'm sure there is more.

I am no longer keeping up with numbers, but this is a lot and this is fun to do.

  • Don't drink, don't smoke, I have never done an illegal drug in my life, but the music I listen to wouldn't reflect that.
  • I have never been drunk
  • If I were ever get married (doesn't seem so likely)I would want the wedding to be barefoot on a beach, totally DIY, with a Hawaiian theme
  • I really want to learn how to knit socks
  • I wear black socks for work and white socks on the weekends and for working out.
  • I would love bicycle accessories.
  • I would love armwarmers even more.
  • I want to start wearing more make-up (natural only) and wear more earrings.
  • I love hoopy earrings most and dangly earrings second most.
  • I love dragonflies and damselflies & once had a dragonfly land and hang out on me.
  • I once had a praying mantis land and hang out on me.
  • I have been on the Dennis Sullivan Schooner and LOVED it.
  • I hate tie dye and wish it would disappear completely.
  • I hate polo shirts, especially the ones with busy designs.
  • I love shamrock shakes.
  • I love mint ice cream.
  • I love peppermint.
  • I do Universal Jigsaw every morning.
  • I love blood oranges
  • I love Orange Crush soda (though I rarely drink it because not so good for a diabetic)
  • I love Sprecher Root Beer (again, drink rarely because not so good for me).
  • I don't like clowns or poppits
  • I want to learn how to make my own eco cleaning products and eco make-up and beauty care products.
  • I love to give cats tummy rubs if they let me.
  • I don't like dogs
  • I love rodents
  • I am part city girl and part country girl
  • I love blank sketch books though I rarely use them, just admire them, but I would love to use them.
  • I like to write a lot, but I speak little
  • I love handmade gifts (or craft supplies)
  • I love big bodies of water
  • I think it would be cool to travel on a barge.
  • I hate the color pink
  • Despite that, I am girly girl
  • I still love camping though
  • I wish I could afford to buy a house.
  • I want a nice yard and patio.




1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Great list! You are tempting me to do this swap even more now!!!

    ReplyDelete