Monday, May 4, 2009

The birthday never ends

So I just got a fab gift from my friend elociNNicole:
Yarn swift from Nicole

It is a yarn swift. I hope at some point to show it in action. Here is a web site showing it in action:
http://www.craftydiversions.com/patterns/homemade_yarn_swift.htm

They neighbors next door are having a big birthday party for their son. They are mexican and can you say Chorizo!!! mmmmmmm.....wish I was a part of that party. What is this about me wanting to stop eating meat except fish and seafood?? Wonder if it is possible. mmmmmmm....chorizo!!!

3 comments:

  1. We make a great chip spread called Chorizo fondu. It contains napolitos, chorizo, and cheese. YUM. Shelby and Jaycob have been vegatarians for almost 3 years now. They do eat cheese eggs and milk products but not fish or sea food. I agree it would be hard to give up meat completely. We do only eat red meat as a special occasion. Thanks for the photos. Love the tree AS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday present Part 2 is officially on its way to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. elociNNicole:
    I can't imagine what part 2 would be, but I look forward to it. I sent you the travel scarf today, will PM you later with DC number and hopefully fun video links.

    Sue:
    Never heard of napolitos, but the rest of the dip sounds good. I did a google search and it looks like napolitos is a cactus?

    Some people seem to have a knack for going vegetarian. I'll be happy if I can get down to just fish and seafood. I don't think vegan is a possibility for me. I realize there is soy cheeses, soy yogurts and many other soy products that take the place of animal products. I have two issues. 1.) I want to get away from processed foods (I think this will be a harder accomplishment than getting down to fish and seafood and I'm not sure it is possible, but I can try to eliminate as much as possible). 2.)I have hypothyroidism and I remember reading somewhere that people with hypothyroid should stay away from soy. Right now, it is just baby steps.

    ReplyDelete