Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Garden, walk, and Goodwill

So this post has been a long time coming. I was really hoping to do it a couple of days ago, but better late than never. I didn't finish my garden until today. To view all the garden pictures (and if you click on the pictures you can see my comments and most of them have comments) go here: http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/myklia/Garden%202009/

This is my DIY compost bin, holes drilled by my dad:
Garden 5-26-09 14

The process of getting rid of weeds. One section done and one being worked on:
Garden 5-26-09 4

Section in the process of getting weeds out and the other section that was yet to go:
Garden 5-26-09 3

One of the beetles living in my garden:
Garden 5-26-09 2

Plants in (though some you can't see because they are seeds in the ground, go to photo album link above for full descriptions of everything, I figure this post will be long enough as it is):
Garden 5-26-09 12
Garden 5-26-09 11
Garden 5-26-09 13

Finally for the "garden" pics, this one is really of an interesting bird at my bird feeder. Anyone know what this bird is, I would love to know:
Garden 5-26-09 1

Again, see all the pictures and descriptions at the link above.

My favorite pictures from this last weeks walk:
Walk 5-23-09 6
Walk 5-23-09 5
Walk 5-23-09 4
Walk 5-23-09 3

Ok, I actually have more favorites than that, see all the pictures here: http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/myklia/walks%202009/

Finally, I went to Goodwill today to pick up some stuff. I needed sunglasses, a trellis like structure for my green beans, and some picture frames. I have a bit of artsy photographs received in crafting swaps and some artwork from Etsy and from my niece Brianna that I need framed. This will all be for my craft room. Whatever frame isn't already silverish, I will probably spray paint a silver/pewter color to make the mish mosh a little more cohesive. I still need a lot more frames.

So of course to start of are the picture frames. The first pictures are ones from Goodwill and the second are a couple of frames I got from my mom. She has another one that I think I will take. It is beautiful and will add to the eclectic nature of my craft room that I am going for.
Goodwill 5-26-09 2
Frames from mom

My "trellis". I need to do a bit more work in making this more secure in the ground and then make it "artsy" as well as add wires horizontally to make it even more practical for being a trellis.
Goodwill 5-26-09 3

And finally me in my new sunglasses from Goodwill. I went to Cousins to get lunch and saw a couple of ladies in the parking lot and had them take a picture of me. I'm sure they thought I was totally and completely nuts. They didn't seem like the type to have a sense of humor. Oh well, I thought it was fun.
Goodwill 5-26-09 1

So now I am thinking I should take a picture of the photographs and artwork I want to put on my walls for all of you to see. I will try to do that within the next week.

So more pictures than chat today, but that is just fine sometimes. I will leave you with the million ways of learning about me/keeping up with me on the internet:
Photobucket
Twitter
Facebook
Listography
Craftster.org
Etsy favorites

Current Etsy treasury focused on Coney Island. Will expire on Thursday morning May 28th. After that it will disappear into cyberspace.

Am I missing any Nicole???Wink

(now I hope I don't have any grammatical/spelling errors since I rushed through this, please forgive me if I do Roll Eyes)

2 comments:

  1. Well, it seems as though you missed myspace and ravelry. haha, but ravelry isn't as social as the others and has less info. Myspace is a little blah. So, I think that you are totally stalkable now.

    LOVE the trellis! What a great up-cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My MySpace really isn't worth visiting anyways, I don't hardly ever visit it anymore. I did forget all about it though. I don't think people who are not on Ravelry can see my profile there (and I haven't done much on Ravelry either) and the people who would care most likely I am already "friends" with.

    So yeah, I think I'm good. :-)

    ReplyDelete