Wednesday, May 6, 2009

More stuff birthday related and not and dork commentary

First, some things I have recently received. I hadn't posted about the super cute ugly doll I got from my niece Michelle when she was in New York. I LOVE, super duper LOVE, ugly dolls. This is officially my fourth one. She wasn't sure what else to give me, but I really love this.
Ugly doll from Michelle

What goes better with a yarn swift than a yarn ball winder. I hope to try this out on Saturday and take pictures while I'm at it so all you non yarnies get an idea what it is about.
Ball winder from elociNNicole

This is a ring I got from Etsy.com I super love these big chunky rings.
1st ring from Etsy

Song I have been stuck on for the past couple of days. Now this is not the official video nor is it the actual band in the video, but the song is the orignal album version that I have been listening to:

Pretty convincing. I need to create a playlist for my iPod with Switchfoot, Lifehouse, and James. I think it would be pretty awesome.

I commonly refer to myself as a dork. My version of a dork is someone who is social, but not afraid to be their quirky self. I definitely march to the beat of my own drum. Yesterday, two things happened. One, I'm not sure how we got into this, my co worker was saying she would NEVER call herself a dork and I said I am a total dork. When I got home I looked at the Craftster swaps (a very dangerous place to be, for me anyways ;-)) and saw there was a "Geek Chic" swap ( http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=302572.0 ). There is even a link in there to wikipedia about geek chic (about half way down the page).

So this lead me to wondering what would be considered the difference between a geek, a nerd and a dork and I found this: http://militantgeek.com/2006/12/21/geek-vs-nerd-vs-dork/
Other pages I looked at seem to pretty much confirm this assessment. My conclusion is I am not a geek, nerd, or a dork. I am not completely normal either. Then I thought about eccentric vs eclectic and the best description was in the second post on this page by VenusEnvy: http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=36715
I would say I am eccentric mostly, but a little eclectic too. The only thing is the word eccentric makes think of a crazy cat lady in her house coat which I definitely am not. Even so, I pretty much fit the description, internally anyways. Just the fact that I researched all of this I think makes me pretty darn eccentric. Oh well, someone has to take on that roll, may as well be me. ;-)

Have a great evening all.

3 comments:

  1. I have an ecletic taste in music, and I'm pretty eccentric. :D Yay I <3 me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent out your thank you package today. :] I hope you like! And thanks so much for the yarn. Don't worry, one day when I don't have finals and Mother's Day gifts that ARE NO WHERE NEAR FINISHED >.< a large thank you post will see the light of the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete