Saturday, November 7, 2009

A fantastic walk

Well the plan was to stay at home and do nothing but knit all day, but then I noticed it was getting over 60 degrees and it was sunny out. I HAD to go for a walk. First I opened almost every window in my apartment. mmmm....Fresh air. I went to Garrison's Glen in Ozaukee County on Pioneer Road about 1/2 mile west of Hwy 43. It is pretty much a prairie with some trees around the edge and a few trees on the inside. It looks deceptively small, but it isn't huge either. Really cool meandering trails, almost like a maze. I highly recommend going, it is quite pleasant. All the pictures are here.

Onto the pictures:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I think this milkweed would make great yarn. I should look up to see if it has been done. (yay, someone has done it.)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Go grab all of that fiber and get spinning! Love the milkweed picture.

    ReplyDelete