Thursday, June 18, 2009

hair, gift, african music, walk

Suddenly I can think of more pictures I want to take. Oh well, next blog post.

So to start off, I just got my haircut this morning. Have yet another new hairdresser. Have been going to the same place and every time I get a new hairdresser and then request them the next time, they have left the place. Makes me wonder. No matter, I still get great hair cuts there. It isn't exactly as I envisioned in my head, but with the quirks of my hair, I don't think it can be. That said, I am very happy with it. Even a complimentary application of lip gloss afterwards (which of course is already worn off).
hair cut 6-18-09

My friend Nicole is one of the most giving people in the universe. Don't believe me? Look at this:
Roving from Nicole 6-12-2009
This is gorgeous colorful roving used to spin yarn. Something I am going to need to do very soon for a swap partner (but not with this roving). I haven't spun yarn for a really long time (too busy at work and too many other things going on). I totally love this. She sent this out of the blue for no reason. Thanks so much Nicole.

My mom and I went to a free outdoor concert last night at River Rhythms in Downtown Milwaukee. Every Wednesday in Pere Marquette park is a series of free concerts called River Rhythms. Last night we saw Oumar Sagna and Sindoolaa African Music Band. Here are some pictures from the fabulous upbeat show:
River Rhythms 6-17-09 4
River Rhythms 6-17-09 1
River Rhythms 6-17-09 3
They had a dancer there as well as you can see in one of the pictures.

Here is the link for all the pictures in this last week's walk:
http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/myklia/walks%202009/walk%206-14-09/

These are some of the best pictures yet. You will see my tree, a frog, a deer, and just plain old beauty:
Walk 6-14-09 6
Walk 6-14-09 4
Walk 6-14-09 21
Walk 6-14-09 23
Walk 6-14-09 28
Walk 6-14-09 10

Whew!!! I think I best go and actually get some more work done on my craft room.
Enjoy!!!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the haircut! I have attempted bangs many times and I just don't have the face for them. Looks great! I love how you keep taking photos of the same tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Notice how I call it "my tree" now. Like I own it or something. haha.

    Bangs aren't easy for me. I have to use a hair straightener to make it work. I saw one picture of you with bangs, you looked really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG NICOLE BE MY FRIEND, TOO. *wants roving* Paha, I don't even have a wheel. :b

    Your hair looks so cute! I wish I could do bangs, too. It looks 5x better on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww...thanks mochaxlight.

    You don't NEED a wheel to spin yarn, just a drop spindle(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gXTWgMeMgI). You will have to cut and paste the link, I have the same drop spindle she has. Wheel might be easier, but I wouldn't really know yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo. I need to try. I found instructions that said to use an old CD and a dowel, but I don't know where they went. :b

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here you go:
    http://danielson.laurentian.ca/qualityoflife/Fulltext/Textiles/Making_a_cd_drop_spindle.htm

    Good luck and have fun.

    ReplyDelete