Saturday, June 6, 2009

Craft room, rummage, GD, Etsy, out w/mom 6-6-09

Prepare yourself for a lot of pictures. No really, a ton of pictures. Now not every picture of the 53 new pictures will be posted here. Go to my Photobucket and look in the albums of Blog Pics, Craft Room, RF truck pull, and walks 2009.

Craft Room & rummage sale finds:
As I mentioned last week, I am collecting frames for artwork/photographs that I have from people. I will be posting all of those pictures.

I received this in a swap. I was sooo excited about it:
craft room 6-6-09 9

This I got from Etsy seller jkldesign. I really love her artwork, this is a print:
craft room 6-6-09 8

These are some photographs that my Craftster.org friend mochaxlight (she follows my blog, you should check out her blog, she is taking photos every day, and unlike me, she is good at it):
craft room 6-6-09 7
craft room 6-6-09 6

These next few photographs are from Craftster.org member rlynn that she sent me in a swap. I love vintage carnivals. This was her first attempt at artsy photos and man does she have some talent.
craft room 6-6-09 5
craft room 6-6-09 4
craft room 6-6-09 3
craft room 6-6-09 2

Now for the rummage sale finds. The first one is related to my art framing project:
craft room 6-6-09 1

Now a note on my framing project. I am not a framer. I tried watching YouTube for mat cutting and all videos were from same source using specialized tools. I think since this is for my funky creative craft room, I will make mats out of card stock and/or watercolor paper. It may take some creativity to make it all work. If anyone has any ideas and/or links for me, please let me know. Thanks.

Other rummage treasures:
rummage 6-6-09 2
rummage 6-6-09 1

One of my recent craft projects are granny daughters for a swap. It is the first round of a granny square:
GDs

I scored another Etsy treasury. It will expire Tuesday evening and then the link won't work anymore. I actually tried to take a picture of it on my laptop:
Etsy treasury 6-6-09 2

My mom and I had lunch at a bar and grill in Cedarburg called Mortons. Fab food and some very interesting atmosphere:
Morton Bar & Grill in Cedarburg
We recommend getting one meal for two people. The food was really really good.

We saw a truck pull in the back parking lot of the fitness center we go to. It was young guys vs the old guys:
RF truck pull 3
RF truck pull 6
The old guys won!!! I was kinda routing for the younger guys. Oh well.

Of course mom and I went on our weekly walk. We saw some birds that we weren't exactly sure what they were, but unfortunately the pictures didn't really come out (not a surprise). Of course I have my tree. There were 25 pictures total today (actually more, but I edited out some).
Tree:
walk 6-6-09 25

Gorgeous trail:
walk 6-6-09 24

Some mystery plants, if you can help identify, we would appreciate it (firts two are same plants, different views to help identify):
walk 6-6-09 14
walk 6-6-09 7
walk 6-6-09 22

A rock in driftwood. So super cool:
walk 6-6-09 4

And because I can't help myself and because this blog isn't just picture heavy enough already, some other favorites:
walk 6-6-09 5
walk 6-6-09 20
walk 6-6-09 17
walk 6-6-09 16
walk 6-6-09 15

Believe it or not, there are still more walk pictures.

One link I have not yet shared because I don't use it all the time is my flickr. Some pictures are public, but many are private. Feel free to contact me if you want to become friends so you can see my private pictures. It is helpful though if I kinda know who you are either in personal life or Craftster (or if I happen to know you from wherever, let me know). If you are family, you will definitely want to do this. There are pics of my nieces and other family members. Some of my other internet friends are still welcome to become a friend. Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anikaice/

I think that is it for now. Whew!!! I would love to hear from all of you.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE driftwood (and sea glass). Did you drag that hunk of wood back to your garden? Love all of the new photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shhhh....not really supposed to be taking home all that I do already (I take a rock or more every week). I left the driftwood there, though I really wanted to take it home, but I felt it needed to stay there for others to enjoy.

    I realized I forgot to take pictures of my nieces artwork. I will do that today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, some of those flowers look familiar. ;]

    I really love the first two prints. And I love how you take a picture of the same tree every week in the same place. It's like I'm watching it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Added you as a friend on Flickr! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I get so few comments, I just now checked again today.

    Bigboots, I'll check flickr this weekend because I think I need to do the same in return.

    I didn't credit the first print, it is from craftster member Psyche.

    I hope to do another blog post some time tomorrow. There are a couple of pictures I forgot and I have more random stuff to post. I'll post in Facebook and Twitter when the blog entry is done. Don't know if I'll do it in the morning or evening. I need to get off to bed right now.

    ReplyDelete