Thursday, June 11, 2009

Brianna's art, loferl, Rapunzel

There are a couple of pictures I forgot to include in my last post (imagine that). This is more artwork for my craft room and it is done by my niece Brianna. I LOVE this artwork and am so happy to have it.

Brianna art 2
Brianna art 1

There is a woman whose family is part of a Bavarian dance group and they lost their last knitter who made these:
loferl 3
loferl 2
loferl 1
I found out it is called a loferl. This is part of a split sock. There is no pattern, but I will be working on figuring it out. This week at work has been mega busy and extra long hours, so I hope I can get some time this weekend to start writing the pattern up. I need to work on these sooner than later so the dance group has them by German Fest. Most of it I am sure I can figure out and I had an epiphany about about the upper part that I was unsure about. My friend Nicole will be helping out as well. This is really exciting and fun. I just wish I could quit my job for a while and work on this.

I did a couple of Rapunzel scarves for the Friends of Craftster Raffle swap. The theme is Fourth of July. My first Rapunzel scarf has a 4th of July wire garland as a part of it. Extremely hard to work with in the scarf and I definitely don't recommend it and I won't be doing it again. On that note, it is cute and did turn out.
FOCR jun 09 3

My second Rapunzel scarf I call my "Fireworks" Rapunzel scarf. It was really meant to be a traditional Rapunzel scarf like the one above (minus wire garland), but with a lot fun fibers and reminiscent of fireworks. However it happend, some of my yarn ended way too early and I ended up with a really long tail at one end. I consider this a very happy accident. It is like a fireworks explosion at one end. How awesome. I don't want to give it away now, but will. LOVE this scarf.
FOCR jun 09 2
FOCR jun 09 1

This definitely gives me inspiration for future Rapunzel scarf designing. I totally love it.

Hopefully next blog will be Saturday or Sunday. Should be having walk on Saturday and take picture of my favorite tree and who knows what treasures will be found at the beach.

3 comments:

  1. wow! Is that pointillism? (It is so hard to tell from a photograph.) The art is fabulous! Too bad we couldn't crochet the loferl. They would be a piece of cake! They look like an interesting challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what it is with all the little dots. She is very talented. She was thinking about throwing those two away, Aunt Jeanette to the rescue there.

    I hope no later than Sunday evening to have pattern to send to you to test out. Sizing is an issue because sounds like she needs a size between boys and men. I'm think that can either be acheived by adding stitches in the reverse stockinette part or using one size up needles (not that I know what needles were used for the pattern). I'm not sure I'll get it spot on, but I think pretty darn close. Perhaps you'll be able to make better suggestions once I have the basics figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get the pattern complete for the loferl? I belong to a Bavarian Dance group and would like to knit a pair.
    ligirl115@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete