Friday, April 17, 2009

A little distraction with computers





So my old computer was being super duper uber slow. Like 10 million years to load a page. I am very happily on a brand spankin new laptop now. HP Pavilion with 320 gigs, the bare minimum this music junkie needs. I do need to invest in an external drive though as I keep my computers for at least 5 years and I'm sure eventually 320 gigs won't be near enough. (*sigh*, again, where are the animated emoticons, I'm dying here ;-)). I will take a picture of it later. I also want to take pics of all the gardening stuff I have gotten so far. Back to the computer, I had someone come over who could transfer my precious files (especially the music ones). They also saved the old computer by cleaning up a lot of the problems with it. It will now find a new home with one of my Mom's friends.

So yeah, I guess I will occasionally be blogging about music too. So far you might be fooled into thinking I only like folk/country/a little pop. My tastes are way all over the board and I can't wait to introduce all of you to more. You may like some and may not like others, but at least you have been exposed. Never hurts to try something new.

Hmmm....I have a request to post some crochet. I am still so so so much more in love with knitting (though it takes me waay forever to knit, I am like the worlds slowest knitter without even trying). I have still been keeping along at trying crochet and trying to challenge myself. After the crochet motif swap recently though, I need a serious break. Let me see if I can find the pictures of the crochet motifs I sent out on the swap on my new computer. .....um....ok....so the pictures are at the top. So, blogger newbie here. how can I add pictures in the middle of a post? Please help. Thanks. Well, anyways, my friend got their wish and that is about the most they will get from me for a while for crochet. Knitting on the other hand....

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, you can put pictures in the middle. The way I usually do it, is add all the pictures through rich text then revert back to html and copy and paste the codes wherever I need them.

    I go through that, too, being totally in love with crochet one second and then hating it the next. It's like knitting and crocheting go in phases for me. Currently, it's crochet, but I feel it turning a little to knitting. And sewing. :]

    As for being slow, you'll get quick. Practice makes perfect. Even though you may not be an uber fan of crochet it still is quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see, I have been knitting for over two years, almost constantly. So I don't think my english style knitting will get faster. Now if I would just sit down and learn continental, maybe I'll be in business.

    You speak computer language I don't really know so well. I have heard of rich text, but that is all I know. I use Photobucket, do you think image tags would work? They might have html code I might be able to copy and paste here. Hopefully I'll be posting pictures tomorrow of my laptop and garden goodies. I'll try it then. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've pretty much got it. The best thing about Blogger is you can upload from your computer, so you don't have to worry about filling up a Photobucket. You can do either or.

    When you add photos, and say they're not in the order you want, you want Photo A to come before B, or Photo C to come before or after certain text, (I don't know why the little "add pictures" thing won't let you add into the middle OR why they upload them into your post the reverse of the way you uploaded them in originally. D'oh.) at the top click edit html, and it has all the codes and junk and you can play. Just click back and forth between "edit html" and "compose," the latter being the rich text.

    ReplyDelete