Monday, April 20, 2009

I think I need more yarn

Wooooo, the pictures in the middle worked. Even easier to do than the way I was doing it anyways.

So yesterday I spent most of the day organizing my yarn. I have to show off all of my hard work. To think there is a pretty good amount of yarn I will be donating to Goodwill (partial skeins I'm sure I won't use, yarn that is impossible to work with (don't ever buy chenille or suede yarn, I have no patience for it), etc). I have 4 plastic grocery bags worth of stuff I am donating. Anyways, onto what I am keeping:

Almost everything laid out:
yarn stash apr 2009 1

Containers stacked (and each one filled to the absolute brim):
yarn stash apr 2009 2

wool bag, novelty yarn bag, scrap bag (can be used for filling for say a certain stuffie I still hope to make for someone's son who was supposed to be my swap partner, but having a baby got in the way (insert rolly eyes)):
yarn stash apr 2009 3

All of the yarn I got from Chicago except the large blue/gold ball which I received in a swap (it is fab yarn and I know what I'm doing with it):
yarn stash apr 2009 4

The darkest blue yarn is hand spun I received in a swap, the lighter blues are yarns I bought in Chicago, the pink is my own handspun yarn and in the plastic bag is yarn I got from my friend known in Craftster-land as elociNNicole (unfortunately you can't see it real well :-( ):
yarn stash apr 2009 5

Last picture, more yarn from Chicago (the big one is Twinkle yarn and I know what I'm doing with it, but one year later still haven't done it *sigh*):
Yarn stash apr 2009 6

You think that is enough? What I really need is at least one more plastic bin to store my yarn. *sigh* I love my yarn. I didn't even include the roving to make more yarn (though that fits into a very small drawer).

5 comments:

  1. ummm... You are going to *hate* me the next time I see you! hmm, what to do with all of this chenille and suede yarn now? (haha, you know I wouldn't pass my crap yarn onto you!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to imagine you having a yarn that doesn't have the name Malibrigo attached. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SEND ME SOME YARN YOU'RE DONATING!! :O (Please!) I'll reimburse you for shipping. I'm always on the lookout for funky yarns. Oo, suede is intriging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW all the yarn stacked and organized is such a beautiful sight, isn't it? Sometimes I just look at my yarn and feel at pease. :P We're very crazy over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job. I love bins and zip locks. Don't know how I could live without them. Congrats on being able to get rid of stuff you know you will never use. SueZ

    ReplyDelete