Sunday, August 9, 2009

Plastic continued

First of all, look at the planet green channel for ideas about being more environmentally green:
Planet Green

Today they had a show on that showed the result of plastic pollution (though I only caught part of it, but it was powerful) called Hawaii: Message in the Waves. It is a VERY sobering show that should be watched by everyone in the world.

With all this I realize that my week without plastic will simply be trying to reasonably reduce plastic as much as possible. As I need to replace the plastic I have, then I'll replace it with non plastic things. You know my hair brush is plastic? Are there non plastic ones out there? Man, to think 100 years ago there was no plastic. How do we go back???

Anyways some more links:

Etsy search for soap savers
No Impact Man
Home made cleaning products
Plastic Free Blog

I have yet to read the plastic free blog, just found it just now, but from a brief glimpse it looks like getting rid of plastic by attrition which is what I would like to do, but I wonder how people really really reduce it. I have yet to read and learn more about it. As I find links, I will share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment